Call your Space Experience Experts 1-800-905-3905
Get a quote on your custom or modular building project.
save green. Preserve the planet and your pocketbook!
Project Name: Amtrak Passenger Terminal, Detroit, MI
In 1994, Michigan Central Station had long been out of service, and relocating some of its platforms for
use across town was found to be impossible. Amtrak found themselves in need of a temporary passenger
terminal to service Detroit patrons while plans for a new terminal took shape. As a transportation hub people depended on, the large temporary terminal had to be train and passenger- ready as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The 3,312 square-foot temporary terminal, complete with waiting areas, restrooms, ticket booths, and baggage drop, is made up of six 12' x 15' modules and was installed in approxamately four weeks. From production to installation, the terminal was finished in 150 days.
The "temporary" terminal, then slated only for five-year use, is still in full use in 2013.
- Mass transit depots/terminals
- Cement floors were poured in factory, then transported 300 miles to site
- Overall design by McDonald Modular, including custom arched windows
- Elevator to platform features a stone exterior
- Longevity and Durability, both in build and appearence
- 1994 Modular Building Group Award of Distinction